Brexit – Information and Guidance for Smartdesc Customers
As the saga of Brexit rumbles on, we want to be clear on our position and how we are ensuring your service and your data remains unaffected.
As you will know, some of our team (and one of our founding Directors) are based in Katerini, Greece. Here are a few facts that mean we can guarantee service will not be affected whatever happens with Brexit:
1. All our customer contracts are with Smartdesc Limited, a UK Registered Company (Company number 08233739).
2. Our Greek team provide 100% of their services to Smartdesc Limited via an intra-company agreement; we do not provide IT services to any organisation outside of the UK.
3. No goods are traded; this is important because any new transfer of goods rules will remain irrelevant regardless of a deal or not. Brexit will affect goods moving through customs, not services, so we do not anticipate any impact.
4. Our prices are set in stone in the contracts we have with our customers, meaning we will not change them more than 1.5% in any calendar year, in line with inflation.
5. In terms of data protection, all our data is cloud-based and does not leave the EEA
6. Smartdesc are ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials certified. Our in-house Information Governance team also ensure we remain fully GDPR compliant at all times. This is important because the government has enshrined GDPR in UK law in any Brexit scenario. In the event of a no-deal Brexit, the government has also pledged that transfers of data from the UK to the EEA will continue unrestricted
Please contact us should you wish to clarify anything about the above or have any questions.
Further information about how Brexit might affect charity and non-profit organisations can also be found on the NCVO Publications pages; here.
Author; James Field, Smartdesc Customer Strategy Director