The following sets out our position regarding trading in and with the European Union:
Contracts: All Smartdesc customer contracts – including Service Level Agreements, KPI’s and pricing are with Smartdesc Limited. Smartdesc is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Registration Number: 08233739 with Head Office in London.
Security: Smartdesc is, and have been for a number of years, an ISO27001 company in addition to being Cyber Essentials Plus Certified. Our in-house Information Governance team also ensure we remain fully GDPR compliant at all times. Data that we do hold concerning our customers – primarily our IT Service Management (ITSM) tool – is based in the UK.
Partners: Smartdesc, like all other MSP’s, work with partner organisations to supply some services and products, for example, backup, software licensing, and digital certificates. These suppliers are market leading with UK based teams and presence. Many are UK only firms and some are international, which gives us capabilities that have an international reach but are managed from the UK.
EU Services: Some of our remote-only technical support, security, and project services are delivered from the EU (in Greece). The Greek team are all Smartdesc employees, they are not outsourced. Smartdesc Greece does have its own registered company in-country for payroll and administration purposes, however it works solely for Smartdesc Ltd in the UK. Our staff HR support, Professional Development and Line Management is conducted centrally, covering both countries as 1 organisation, and customers contact us centrally on UK non-chargeable phone numbers. One of Smartdesc’s co-founders and Directors is based at the Greek office full time and closely manages the services provided by the team there, in addition to our UK-based Service Delivery and Senior Leadership teams. This matrix model has increased the quality, resilience, responsiveness and cost-effectiveness of the service we can supply our UK customers. Approximately 25% of our overall company resource works from the EU, the remaining 75% are UK based.
EU Trading: Smartdesc closely monitor the financial trading arrangements between the UK and the EU. At present, and for the foreseeable future, there are no changes to the trading arrangements for services that will impact Smartdesc customers in any way. In the unlikely event that changes do arise, we will work closely with our partners to avoid impact, both financially and operationally, to our UK customers.
Please contact us should you with to clarify anything about the above or have any questions.