Welcome to the Smartdesc April newsletter. Are you considering outsourcing IT at your charity but don’t know where to begin? We’ve compiled the following resources to help you get started:
- A blog and video on how to make informed decisions about IT outsourcing.
- The chance to come together with your peers to discuss all things charity tech in a relaxed and fun space at our upcoming Charity Leaders roundtable and Summer Social event.
- Further resources from Deloitte and Gartner.
- In this blog, we share our six steps to “Smart Outsourcing” – helping you plan and execute an effective outsourcing strategy: What charities need to know about IT outsourcing.
- Listen to Adam Monks, CEO & Co-founder of Smartdesc, discuss what charities should consider when IT Outsourcing in this video: Six tests for IT Outsourcing.
- This guide from Deloitte provides a useful overview of IT Outsourcing and some of the important considerations: Deloitte Outsourcing Handbook.
- Gartner have put together a range of helpful resources on IT Outsourcing, found here: Gartner Glossary – IT Outsourcing.
- It was great to hold our inaugural Charity Technology Roundtable this month with Microsoft Tech for Social Impact, attended by large charities including the RSPCA and Amnesty International. Sign up here for our next roundtable on Thursday 6 July to network and share ideas with industry peers: Charity Technology Roundtable.
- We’re excited to announce our Charity Leaders Summer Social, taking place on Thursday 6 July at Microsoft’s London HQ. Join us from 4pm for networking and drinks with charity peers in a relaxed environment. Register here: Charity Leaders Summer Social.
- Don’t miss out on the chance to share your views in the 2023 Charity Digital Skills Report survey, closing today. Complete the survey to help map trends and share insights in the sector: Charity Digital Skills Survey 2023.
Smartdesc’s sole focus is nonprofit organisations, which includes charities, social enterprises and NGOs. We are Microsoft Solution Partners for Modern Work and Infrastructure, as well as Cyber Essentials Assessors, and are approved as trusted suppliers to the sector by both the NCVO and ACEVO.
We help charities align to best practice, optimise their ICT estate, improve their Cyber Security posture, and train their staff. Speak to us today to find out how we can help consolidate, secure and optimise technology within your organisation.