Welcome to the Smartdesc March newsletter. Lots of organisations are asking us about how they can move their telephony into Microsoft Teams and refresh their internet connectivity ahead of the traditional phone network switch off in 2025, so we’ve compiled the following resources for you:
- A non-technical guide on how to move telephony into Teams, and optimise your internet connection.
- A chance to come together with your peers to discuss all things charity tech in a relaxed and fun space at our Charity Leaders Summer Social event in July.
- Further resources from Ofcom and Openreach on big changes coming to the world of connectivity and voice soon.
- Phone lines as we know them are being switched off in 2025. Read our guide on optimising connectivity and voice in a hybrid workplace here: Voice and Data guide.
- Do you still have a phone system hanging around in your ICT estate? Most charities we talk to are looking to consolidate telephony into Microsoft Teams. We offer a fast, low-cost service including unlimited minutes for your offices and home workers, and a managed transition to move your existing numbers across. Find out more here:
Internet & Telephony – Smartdesc.
- We’re excited to announce our Charity Leaders Summer Social, taking place on Thursday 6 July at Microsoft’s London HQ. Join us from 4pm for networking and drinks with charity peers in a relaxed environment. Register here: Charity Leaders Summer Social.
- Check out this video explainer from our partners at Gamma for more information on using Microsoft Teams as a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service: Microsoft Teams Direct Routing – Gamma.
- It’s important to have fast, reliable internet for your workers to support the transition to digital telephony. This article from Ofcom provides a helpful overview of the different types of internet lines and what’s available in your area: Broadband basics – Ofcom.
- This useful guide from Openreach explains how the digital upgrade may affect your organisation and what you should know: Getting ready for digital phone lines – Openreach.
Smartdesc’s sole focus is nonprofit organisations, which includes charities, social enterprises and NGOs. We are Microsoft Solution Partners for Modern Work and Infrastructure, as well as Cyber Essentials Assessors, and are approved as trusted suppliers to the sector by both the NCVO and ACEVO.
We help charities align to best practice, optimise their ICT estate, improve their Cyber Security posture, and train their staff. Speak to us today to find out how we can help consolidate, secure and optimise technology within your organisation.