Welcome to the Smartdesc May newsletter. In this edition, we cover Information Governance and Data Protection and how charities can adhere to the latest legal obligations and best practice, including:
- Advice on upcoming changes to the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill.
- A video on Information Governance and Data Protection for nonprofits.
- Further resources from the ICO and the Charities’ Aid Foundation.
- A chance to meet your charity peers involved in IT in a relaxed setting at our Summer Social.
- In this blog, our Information Governance Manager, Ricci Wilding, shares information on the proposed changes to the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill and what this means for nonprofits: UK Data Protection Reform: What charities need to know.
- Watch our latest video for an introduction to Information Governance and Data Protection for charities here: Introduction to Information Governance for charities.
- Find out more about how we can help your organisation with our range of Information Governance services including audit, on-hand support and data protection training for your staff: Information Governance services – Smartdesc.
- The ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) is the go-to destination for all you need to know about UK GDPR, with categories to help you find what you’re looking for: UK GDPR guidance and resources.
- Here is a useful article and infographic for charities from The Charities Aid Foundation on how to remain compliant: Tips for staying compliant with GDPR.
- Would you like the chance to network with charity peers in a relaxed setting on Microsoft’s London roof terrace? Join us from 4pm on Thursday 6 July for our free networking event. Sign up here: Charity Leaders Summer Social.
- Do you provide Data Protection training for your staff? We offer a charity-specific eLearning tool covering Cyber Security, Data Protection and Fraud Awareness, from as little as £4 per user per month. Find out more here: eLearning for charities.
- We are award winners! We’re delighted to have won Managed Services Project of the Year at the IT Europa Awards for our work with a large charity customer. Watch our video case study on the project here: Modern Workplace Project Case Study.
Smartdesc’s sole focus is nonprofit organisations, which includes charities, social enterprises and NGOs. We are Microsoft Solution Partners for Modern Work and Infrastructure, as well as Cyber Essentials Assessors, and are approved as trusted suppliers to the sector by both the NCVO and ACEVO.
We help charities align to best practice, optimise their ICT estate, improve their Cyber Security posture, and train their staff. Speak to us today to find out how we can help consolidate, secure and optimise technology within your organisation.