A password management tool can really help with the ever-increasing number of passwords we all have to remember on daily basis for websites, applications etc.
Smartdesc – Charity IT Specialist can now offer LastPass Business for your staff, starting from £3.60 per user – cheaper than going direct!
LastPass is an industry leading password manager that can be used to store personal passwords, and also provide shared groups for storing credentials used for central apps like social media and web-based systems used by multiple people.
This is far more secure and convenient than storing passwords in the local web browser or in Excel files, which is not best practice and in most cases are unsecured.
Why should you use a password manager?
- All passwords are securely stored and encrypted; even if LastPass was attacked, they cannot see your passwords.
- LastPass can provide unique passwords so you don’t have to remember them or even try to create them yourself.
- Shared Groups can be used to store passwords for central systems like Social Media; this prevents passwords getting lost when staff leave.
- LastPass helps prevents poor password behaviour such as low complexity or repeated passwords.
- It prevents keylogging attacks where an attacker might be monitoring keyboard strokes when manually typing in passwords.
- One master password is all you need to remember to access all of your accounts, protected by Two Factor Authentication.
- Passwords can be carried across to Web, Mobile & Desktop – whenever you have the app, you have your passwords.