A Virtual IT Director ensures that your business strategy aligns with your technology strategy.
For many organisations the responsibility of making strategic IT decisions often falls to others who are often not so experienced in IT and also who do not have the time to thoroughly evaluate how technology should be used and what is best for the organisation.
A Virtual IT Director has in-depth IT knowledge and the opportunity to tap into many years of extensive IT experience at a fraction of the cost of employing a permanent or interim professional.
A Virtual IT Director is an experienced IT professional who will;
- Provide the right technical and strategic guidance for your organisation.
- Ensure that the IT and innovation is in line with the business goals and vision for the future of the organisation.
- Look for new, innovative solutions providing an injection of new ideas and thinking outside of the organisation.
- Negotiate with suppliers and look to reduce costs where possible.
- Provide an unbiased and independent view, casting a fresh eye on the IT setup.
- Give expert input for board meetings and events.
- Help raise the profile and importance of IT within an organisation
- Provide a future-proof, sustainable and scalable IT strategy
“I have been a Virtual IT Director for a variety of organisations, including Family Action and Terrence Higgins Trustfor many years. I fully appreciate and never take for granted the trust placed in me, and will always ensure that Smartdesc’s recommendations are always in the best interests of our customers.”
Chris Cranie, Virtual IT Director & Founder of Smartdesc Ltd