Welcome to the Smartdesc October newsletter. This month we discuss how you can can strengthen your charity’s cyber security posture and offer the following resources:
- A blog on cyber security takeaways from our recent roundtable, and another on vulnerabilities you should be aware of
- Free Microsoft Cloud Security, Information Governance, and Cyber Security assessments
- The chance to come together with your peers to discuss all things charity tech in a relaxed and fun space at our upcoming Charity Tech Winter Social.
- Recent webinars on Teams Telephony and Microsoft Charity Licensing
- Further content from the NCSC
- Earlier this month, we discussed the topic of cyber security with charity IT leaders at our quarterly roundtable. Read our key takeaways around risk management, BYOD and staff training: Charity Technology Roundtable – Cyber Security – Summary.
- Staying informed about cyber security threats is crucial, especially for nonprofits. In this blog, we share three recent vulnerabilities you should be aware of, and how to protect yourselves: Cyber Security Updates You Need to Know About.
- Would you like to attend a fun and relaxed social for nonprofits? Join us from 4pm on 30 November 2023 for drinks and networking with charity technology peers, in partnership with Microsoft Tech for Social Impact. Sign up here: Charity Tech Winter Social.
- We’re offering nonprofits a complimentary and detailed Microsoft Cloud Security Assessment to help improve your digital security, in partnership with Microsoft Tech for Social Impact. Register here: Free Microsoft Cloud Security Assessment.
- Would you like a free 1-to-1 consultation from one of our experts on Cyber Security, or Information Governance & Data Protection, at your nonprofit organisation? Book a calendar slot to suit you below:
- Is keeping on top of the constantly changing Microsoft license world distracting? Watch our webinar with Microsoft Tech for Social Impact on how we can manage and optimise your licenses at no cost to you: Microsoft Charity Licensing: Simplify and Save.
- Many charities are consolidating their telephony into Microsoft Teams to save money and simplify how phone calls are handled. Watch our webinar on Teams Voice with a live demo and nonprofit costs: Consolidate your Telephony and Save Money.
The NCSC released a detailed report earlier this year that outlines cyber threats that UK charities of all sizes face. Read this here to better understand current cyber security threats and where you can go for help: Cyber threat report: UK charity sector.
Smartdesc’s sole focus is nonprofit organisations, which includes charities, social enterprises and NGOs. Speak to us today to find out how we can help consolidate, secure and optimise technology within your organisation.