Mind, the National Charity, were running an on-premise server estate, associated IT Infrastructure and end user hardware that was reaching the end of its life. They were also undertaking a large office move to a modern workplace, located within the Cancer Research UK Head Office in Stratford.
They asked Smartdesc to seize this opportunity to migrate the charity to a new technology solution that would underpin Mind’s transition to agile working, within a strict timeline due to the nature of the property negotiations.
The Smartdesc team provided the overarching solution design and delivered the turn-key change project to deliver Mind’s new agile technology solution; retiring the on-premise hardware, migrating the legacy systems to Azure, implementing a fully integrated Microsoft 365 solution, delivering centrally managed and secured laptops, and completing the office move. All on time and to budget.
This work included:
- Collaborating with heads of departments to evaluate a number of solution options.
- Designing a technology solution that underpinned Mind’s organisational change programme to hybrid ways of working
- Redesigning and optimising the Microsoft 365 estate, leveraging maximum nonprofit grants.
- Planning and migrating legacy systems not suited to full Software as a Service, to the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Moving the user interface from aging virtual desktops to local laptop desktops
- Co-designing hybrid meeting rooms and coordinating Minds’ 3rd Party vendors to implement best-in-class Video Conferencing, based on Microsoft Teams.
- Selecting and overseeing the internet connectivity installs and mobile signal boosting technology, and implementing enterprise grade WiFi across the agile space.
- Taking all users, stakeholders and volunteers on a change journey, including early engagement via an inclusive solution design process.
- Driving positive change through IT training and user adoption, supporting the implementation of Mind’s new hybrid working initiative, through “Office Ready” training and IT induction days for all 500+ members of staff.
- Strengthened the IT Infrastructure.
- Increased stakeholder value and delivered substantial operational savings.
- Service delivery model has been very successful and has been replicated across other resource delivery departments.
- Over 5 years to date of successfully meeting SLA’s and ensuring a secure, stable IT Infrastructure.
- A highly regarded hybrid IT Department in place to cover every aspect of IT Support.
- Good and Excellent satisfaction ratings on feedback from support tickets. Please see a selection of comments shown on the following page;
To download the pdf version of this case study, click here or the button below.