Missing People is the only charity in the UK which is dedicated to bringing missing children and adults back mtogether with their families.
Missing People were looking for an external partner to review their approach to IT & Digital and establish a strategy aligned to the organisation’s ambitious five-year plan.
Missing People required new investment in IT to future-proof their IT estate. This included updating their hardware and applications that were hosted on-site, and creating an overarching transformation strategy.
Missing People also recognised the industry development of IT, Digital & Data teams needing to work more closely together than ever before and were keen to undertake a Technology Assurance Review of these functions.
Missing People chose Smartdesc to conduct a full, detailed independent review of all aspects of IT, Digital and Data across the charity.
The output was a comprehensive report describing the emergent themes, challenges and opportunities. It also set out a strategy spanning systems and technology principles, culture, processes, skills, team structures, budgeting & planning, approaches to measuring success, project management, change management and an overarching guiding vision.
In addition to the in-depth review, the report offered practical steps to commence the transformation. It included a A single programme roadmap, which laid out the projects to undertake, how they would fit together and the funding required.
Missing People implemented the recommendations in full – acquiring investment to achieve the full strategy and partnering with Smartdesc to oversee the coordination of the programme, and to successfully bid for a key IT & Digital grant.
- A full review of the IT function highlighting areas for improvement and cost savings
- Complete independent review of the digital and data across all areas of the organisation
- Valuable insight and feedback from stakeholders
- A bespoke roadmap outlining practical steps for implementing the strategy and projects
- A successful application for funding for the digital transformation programme, implementation and relevant projects