Mind required the IT Infrastructure to be totally transformed and needed a scalable, reliable and secure environment to be able to cope with the fast growth of the organisation, and increase in users by over 50%, in a short amount of time. A long journey began over 5 years to roll out a completely new IT Infrastructure and CRM system. This included a full IT Governance review and a high-profile digital transformation and change program woven in to the IT Strategy in line with the overall business objectives.
Originally when Smartdesc first began to support Mind, a lot of the work was structured around maintaining the existing, very old IT systems to allow users to be able to work efficiently. The IT systems needed investment and in parallel to ensuring that everything was functioning as it should, there was a substantial amount of foundational work instigated to enable the right infrastructure to be designed and implemented to allow for successful fast growth. Working in an in-house / outsourced hybrid model, the Smartdesc team are responsible for helping to support over 1000 users, which includes; head office, 150 retail units, volunteers and stakeholders across the UK. Key areas of work include:
- Building a new IT Infrastructure from scratch.
- Designing and developing a solution to factor in the growth of the organisation.
- Transitioning from a physical environment to virtual servers.
- Smartdesc acting as Head of IT and overseeing the IT Department, working closely with Mind’s in-house IT Manager.
- Smartdesc providing flexible support to help with resource management where necessary.
- An immense amount of knowledge and expertise is transferred from the Smartdesc team to Mind in terms of both knowledge share and in-house training.
- Service delivery is consistent and is ITIL compliant.
- Strengthened the IT Infrastructure.
- Increased stakeholder value and delivered substantial operational savings.
- Service delivery model has been very successful and has been replicated across other resource delivery departments.
- Over 5 years to date of successfully meeting SLAs and ensuring a secure, stable IT Infrastructure.
- A highly regarded hybrid IT Department in place to cover every aspect of IT Support.
- Good and Excellent satisfaction ratings on feedback from support tickets.