Proactive management and control of IT is at the heart of everything we do at Smartdesc.
Rather than focusing purely on IT infrastructure and support, Smartdesc act as a strategic partner to organisations all over the UK, overseeing IT & Digital transformation across all departments.
We have built our own in-house team of Information Governance (IG) & Compliance, Policy and Security experts, meaning we don’t have to rely on expensive 3rd parties to provide this level of strategic support to our customers.
The Smartdesc IG team provide bespoke services and support to help organisations develop, publish, train and embed their data handling policies and processes, plus help them audit and certify that they adhere to legal obligations and best practice.
- Information Governance policies & procedures such as Mobile and BYOD
- Information Security awareness and training
- IT Risk Register development and review
- Ongoing GDPR compliance
- Cyber Essentials certification support
- ISO27001 certification support
- Data Protection Act compliance audits and remediation support
- Project and Programme management frameworks
- 3rd Party supplier management and managing IT tenders for clients
- Smartdesc Secure – a fully managed security bundle (more information here)
For both Digital and Application change projects, we help organisations ensure there is a strong focus on governance, from producing business cases and cost v benefit analysis through to change management, data protection impact analysis and rollout and delivery to support.
Our team work seamlessly with clients to identify opportunities for improvement or potential risks of non-compliance, and deliver on these areas as a service, removing the overhead on organisations who may not have in depth IT governance skills in-house.
Download an overview of the Smartdesc IG, Compliance and GDPR services here.
Download the Smartdesc IT Security Useful Resources Tip Sheet: IT Security Resources