Smartdesc was founded as a modern, innovative Digital First company. We embrace modern technologies that enable an agile, distributed workforce with staff able to work from anywhere while being fully integrated with central IT systems.
Communication is more important than ever, but the need for fixed line desk phones is disappearing. Mobile devices that use cloud technologies and apps such as Skype for Business, Teams or platforms such as Mitel or Avaya offer real-time presence information that is fully integrated – for example, start typing an email to someone and see if they are online, then start a chat with them in one click instead of a long email chain.
Video calling and screen-sharing collaboration also comes as standard with these systems, and instant collaboration on documents means the days of emailing files back and forth are gone.
We are strong advocates of Voice Over IP (VOIP) systems that carry calls over the internet, doing away with telephone lines and giving staff a more productive, efficient means of communication.
Physical phones can still be deployed, but these are integrated with a cloud telephony platform, meaning integration with tools such as an Outlook calendar or Skype online presence. These units can be taken anywhere and simply plugged into a router to give the full office feature set from anywhere.
Cloud based communication systems deliver:
- Presence information of colleagues in the office and on the go
- Flexible handsets that can be used from anywhere with an internet connection
- Use your existing internet line to carry the voice traffic and cancel your expensive ISDN phone lines
- Rent or buy IP telephone handsets to scale up or down, or go handset-free and use your laptop or a mobile app as your work phone
- Self-management of your system to add or remove users, set up auto-attendant menu systems to drive customers to the right department, or have inbound calls delivered to a group of staff
- Software updates are automatically made – you’ll always have the latest version without having to buy new hardware
- An on-site telephone system can quickly become out of date and is expensive to maintain so a hosted system is more economic and achieves greater flexibility whilst maintaining call quality.
- Free conference calls and video calls, to bring remote workers right into the team