As a charity IT specialist, Smartdesc partners with some of the leading technology companies in the world to provide charities and non-profit organisations with the latest, best-in-class solutions, that offer both functionality and value for money.
Scalable, cost-effective and future proofed technology for non-profits
Our mission is to share best practice, innovation and technology across the Third Sector, and we are privileged to work with a diverse group of charities from very large household names like Mind, Terrence Higgins and BookTrust to young, emerging charities who are just getting established.
Through our partnerships with Citrix and Microsoft, we are in a unique position to help other NFPs revisit their IT Strategies, implement future-proof Technology Roadmaps, and provide IT Support and Project Management services to get them from A to B.
Common themes and trends we are helping other large charities
tackle at the moment are:
Optimising your cloud systems
- Reviewing and maximising your existing investment in platforms like Microsoft 365 and Citrix Workspace
- Using tools such as Intune and Azure to manage laptops, mobiles and other devices securely without the need to ever visit a physical office location
- Migrating messy, organic files and other data to a structured, scalable model using Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint
- Removing the need for servers and VPN connections, migrating to a serverless model leveraging charity discounts through Microsoft 365 and Azure
Secure, integrated remote working for all staff, wherever they are
- Implementing policies and controls to allow staff to work securely and productively from home without overbearing systems or poor user experience
- Building “Bring Your Own Device” models to facilitate staff working on personal devices without the risk of accidental corporate data loss
- Keeping devices secure, patched and up to date assuming that distributed working is now the norm, not the exception
- Information Governance reviews, focussing on your policies and processes such as data retention, consent and other GDPR considerations
Moving legacy applications to the cloud
- Removing the overhead of running physical servers on premise; moving them to our data centres, Citrix Workspace, or the Microsoft Azure cloud – at charity rates
- Migrating complex databases that run on legacy hardware into the Microsoft and Citrix clouds, securing their future for as long as is needed
- Consulting and supporting organisations move away from creaking, unfit CRM systems to modern platforms such as Dynamics 365
We are currently offering complementary technology consultations with our IT Directors, to discuss your current IT systems. We will suggest ways forward to align to industry best practice, allowing your organisation’s IT to flex up and down in future, while controlling and reducing cost.
If your charity is a member of NCVO or ACEVO, we are able to offer additional discounts for any project based work such as independent audits & reviews, migrations, support or other services.
To book a free consultation please contact us and one of our team will be in touch.
Read about our recent work with Microsoft and ACEVO here
Read about some of the wider work Citrix is doing with the sector here