High quality, proactive IT Services for Charities and Non-Profits
Smartdesc is proud to be an NCVO Trusted Supplier
Smartdesc is a long standing and trusted provider of IT services to voluntary and non-profit organisations in the UK. Our clients range from very large national organisations such as Mind, Terrence Higgins Trust and Family Action to smaller fast-growing charities using a wide range of technologies, from traditional on-site setups to state-of-the-art data centre and full cloud infrastructures.
Smartdesc specialise in proactive, strategic IT improvements. We regularly assist voluntary organisations on areas such as developing an IT Strategy, managing projects, Digital Transformation and day to day support – often running internal IT teams for our clients delivering operational process improvements, and enhancing Cyber Security, IT Governance and GDPR compliance.
The company was founded in 2011 by Chris Cranie and Adam Monks, who have been working in the non-profit sector for most of their careers.
Exclusive offers only available to NCVO members
- NCVO members get a free Microsoft Office 365 Security Health Check. This bespoke report runs on your organisation’s Office 365 environment showing security measures in Red, Amber Green risk status, and includes, Smartdesc recommended remediation steps with an indication of complexity, cost and priority. Usually over £500.
- A free Network Vulnerability scan, providing a comprehensive review and report on the security status of the connection from the outside world into your organisation (the WAN). This includes a full vulnerability report and bespoke recommendations on remediation steps, with an indication of complexity, cost and priority. Usually over £600.
- Penetration Test – a proactive, in-depth, IT security test to identify and fix any weak spots in your IT Systems – discounted for NCVO members.
- Access to a free consultation with the Virtual IT Directors (vCIO) and Lead Solutions Architect at Smartdesc, to discuss current challenges, your future IT strategy and a roadmap to help you get there.
- Cyber Essentials – an initial free consultation to talk through the process of how to gain the Cyber Essentials certification. Followed by an optional discounted service which usually takes approximately 3 days to carry out a gap analysis and identify the tasks required to achieve compliance for this certification.
- Charity Discount – a reduced fee structure and special pricing for charities, non-profit organisations, associations and community groups.
Smartdesc – Key Services offered to NCVO members
- IT Strategy and Programme planning – including virtual IT Director / vCIO services
- Digital Transformation review, planning and implementation
- IT Security, Cyber Security, Cyber Resilience, CyberEssentials, ISO
- IT Security and Cyber Awareness Training
- Project Management & delivery
- Cloud and Office 365 migrations and support
- Information Governance and GDPR support
- IT Support Service – our full IT helpdesk, or hybrid model alongside in-house teams, including proactive monthly IT performance reporting and quarterly strategic reviews
- Implementing agile, flexible remote and mobile working solutions
- Independent audit & review, with tailored best-practice recommendations & improvements
Not an NCVO member?
NCVO champion the voluntary sector by connecting, representing and supporting voluntary organisations. They work to help voluntary organisations and volunteers make the biggest difference they can. Click here to find out more.
For further information about the services Smartdesc offer to all, please see our Services page.